18 & 19 February 2010
Centre International de Conférence de Genève (CICG)
‘Shaping the Future’
The Regulation of Health Professionals
The World Health Professions Alliance and the World Confederation for Physical Therapy are pleased to announce the second World Health Professions Conference on Regulation (WHPCR). The aim of the WHPCR 2010 will be to shape the future of health professional regulation within the context of global health systems’ redesign and evolving roles, always keeping in mind that public protection is the primary objective of health professional regulation
The objectives for WHPCR 2010 are to:
- Debate the future control and direction of health professionals’ regulation within the context of changing scopes’ of practice
- Examine the regulatory & professional issues related to the international migration of health professionals
- Critically evaluate the relationship between health professional education, regulation and standards of practice
Regulation is becoming an increasingly important topic around the world. The WHPCR 2010 is a must for those who are involved in health professional regulation.
The WHPCR 2010 will include:
- Top international speakers, who are leaders in their fields
- Sessions crossing all health professions but also sessions specific to each profession
- Plenary sessions and smaller workshops
- Networking opportunities
- Presentation of the first global survey on regulation conducted by WHPA and WCPT
Participants will have direct access to the results of the first global survey for regulation conducted by the World Health Professions Alliance and the World Confederation for Physical Therapy. The survey results will be discussed during the conference.
The event will be of particular interest to:
- CEOs, registrars, board members and policy advisors of health professional regulatory bodies
- Senior government officials and legal advisors with responsibility for health professional regulatory legislation
- CEOs, presidents and policy advisors of professional organisations
- Academic leaders
- Future leaders of health professions and health services
- Leaders from patient groups
Global Regulation Survey
In preparation of this exciting conference, a global survey on Health Professions Regulation was launched and every participant (and interested person) is welcomed to complete it here.
This survey will provide with an overview of the diversity of models of regulation and the scope of this regulation for 5 professions: medical doctors, pharmacists, nurses, dentists and physiotherapists. It will also enable to gather and share contact details of national regulatory bodies and/or the national association of regulators to facilitate the interaction between these regulators and interested parties.
The results of this survey will be presented at the World Health Professions Conference on Regulation.
For more information please contact: email@example.com