Health professional regulation is situated within a dynamic global environment characterised by political, social, economic and technological change. Widespread reform of health professional regulation reflects, at least in part, policy initiatives by many governments to ensure sustainable, efficient and effective health service delivery within this dynamic environment.
Scheduled to run over 1.5 days, the conference program is designed to provide participants with insights to the latest perspectives and to stimulate discussion about issues relevant to the challenges facing health professional regulation.
Key speakers will explore the lessons learned from the evolution of competence based approaches to regulatory functions and best practices in regulatory governance and performance.
Be part of the global community of health professionals interested and involved in regulation who will come together in Geneva in May 2014.
The objectives for the 2015 conference are to:
- Critically evaluate the challenges facing health professional regulation
- Synthesise lessons from the evolution of competence based approaches to regulatory functions
- Identify and promote best practices in regulatory governance and performanc
The conference programme will include:
- key speakers and panellists who are international knowledge leaders in their field;
- draw upon the available evidence both from professional regulation and wider regulatory practice;
- provide diverse exemplars and case-studies from across disciplines, geographies and regulatory approaches;
- include question and answer sessions that seek to identify key points and distil lessons to be learned and or action to be pursued.
The event will be of particular interest to:
- CEOS, registrars, board members and policy advisors of health professional regulatory bodies
- Senior government officials and legal advisors with responsibility for health professional regulatory legislation
- CEOs, presidents and policy advisors of professional organisations
- Academic leaders
- Future leaders of health professions and health services
- Leaders from patient groups