The 2019-2022 strategic priorities for WHPA which guide the alliance's work.
- Identify and respond to major health issues that are not being adequately addressed.
- Design and implement initiatives to raise major health issues to a higher level of public awareness, policy attention, and systems change.
- Proactively respond to key global issues from the perspective of, and on behalf of, health professionals.
- Strengthen the recognition of the alliance as the international voice of health professionals.
- Promote the role of health professionals in their work place to ensure they have the professional authority, autonomy and empowerment needed to undertake their work effectively.
- Promote the well-being of health professionals in their lives to ensure they are effective in their work and private lives, providing a positive example for patients and the community.
- Proactively respond to issues which affect health professionals, their rights and safety.
- Promote effective interprofessional collaboration and learning.
- Demonstrate exemplary interprofessional collaboration and learning through working together on joint activities.
- Provide a platform for the promotion of professional perspectives on issues such as regulation, training and the particularities of different professions.
- Celebrate differences inherent in each health profession to enrich interdisciplinary understanding and learning.